Hydrocodone is known to combat severe pain. It is mostly combined with acetaminophen and other drugs. Sadly, these drugs contain harmful substances that have side effects. These side effects range from headaches to stomach aches, among others. As a result, people use various techniques to remove the harmful chemicals from the hydrocodone concoction. A perfect example is the cold water extraction of hydrocodone process.
Why Do People Perform the Cold Water Extraction?
As earlier stated, hydrocodone contains harmful substances which cause side effects. Cold water extraction helps to remove these harmful substances. Studies indicate hydrocodone can be dangerous if taken in high doses and can permanently damage your liver, leading to deaths. The cold water extraction process is recommended for adults who take between 1g-4g of the hydrocodone concoction.
The Cold Water Extraction Preparation Process
Basically, the hydrocodone concoction contains soluble and non-soluble substances. The hydrocodone concoction comprises opioids, aspirin, APA, and ibuprofen. Opioids are soluble in water. The cold water extraction process works because opioids dissolve in water. You have to crush any capsule. You just need to pour the content into the water. Tablets and pills should be crushed. 10c/50f is the recommended temperature to extract APA and aspirin.
How to Conduct a Cold Water Extraction of Hydrocodone:
1. Crush all the tablets or open the capsules. Try your level best to reduce powder loss. Secondly, use a filter to strain the mixture.
2. Dissolve the powder or capsule content in warm water. Ensure the water isn’t too hot or you risk destroying the opioid molecule. This step determines if the cold water extraction of hydrocodone process will be a success or not. Pour warm water into a container with a bid surface area. This allows the mixture to cool off quickly. Continuously stir the mixture until it completely dissolves.
3. Allow the mixture to cool off at room temperature for roughly 20 minutes. The mixture should be allowed to cool on its own, or you risk destroying the codeine within the mixture.
4. Put the container in a freezer once it attains the room temperature. This will cool further the water solution. This is where the entire process happens. Don’t let the solution completely freeze.
5. The next step entails filtration. You can use aeropress, a filter paper, coffee filter, and cheesecloth, among others. Place the filter on top of a glass and wrap tape around it. Slowly pour the solution into a cup of water. Avoid touching the filter because you might break the filter and be forced to redo the entire filtration process.
6. You will get a marshmallow-like substance once the filtration process is complete. You can add some water to the marshmallow residue and redo the entire process. This process isn’t necessary.
7. Do the math and measure doses out that you can take a little off at a time instead of taking the entire solution into your body at once.You might, for instance, create a solution that’s 20 tablets in it. You don’t need to drink this.
One thing you need to be cautious about is taking too much hydrocodone simultaneously. You don’t need to overdo it, or you could overdose or start to get addicted to a point where you can not function unless you have hydrocodone in your body.
When you take a break, your body might not like it if it is used to taking hydrocodone. So one thing you can try is to taper down is to use less and less over time. You don’t need just to stop cold turkey and expect to feel fine if you are doing a lot of. A whole lot of people get stuck on using this drug because it is easy to get addicted to, so you really need to be careful about using it.
Just be sure you aren’t currently taking hydrocodone at too high of a dose for long. Otherwise, you may wind up having a severe chemical addiction. If you consider low-intensity, low cost and enduring recovery support services for yourself or someone you love, find out evidence-based techniques to beat addiction in our special report.